Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Charles needs our prayers

In the span of two days, our dear friend Charles has endured the losses of two great men.

First, his favorite meathead on ESPN, Sean Salisbury, left the network. Then, a blow that will burn deeper.

Legendary Steelers announcer Myron Cope died today. Not only is Cope the raspy-voiced announcer of Charles' randomly-selected favorite football team, but he "invented" the "Terrible Towel," a great source of inspiration.

Charles, if you need me, there's a comments section.

Also, this wouldn't have happened if you would've donated. There's still time!

Get Blitzed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your condolences. I will greatly miss Salisbury going toe to toe with John Clayton. I never understood why ESPN took that duel off Sportscenter. It was the best segment they've ever had in the 6:00 slot. John always had some good CFL jokes to pull on Sean. Alas, it will be no more.

Myron Cope is a legend to Steelers fans. Thanks to him, I have four Terrible Towels. They're very useful in the offseason when you need an extra hand towel around. I love that man. All I know is that God is saying "Yoi" right now. RIP.

http://www.networksandwebapplications.com/myron/sounds/yoi.wav

Unknown said...

I'm flying my terrible towel at half-mast in my room right now. I invite others to do the same.