Friday, February 1, 2008

Centre bball: Catch the fever

I'm sure few of you know, but Centre's basketball team is ranked in the top 15 in the nation. That's a pretty big deal. However, last Friday, another ranked team, Millsaps, came to play in the always racous...ahhhh...gym...Sutcliffe? I can't remember. Anyway, it was the national D3 game of the week, and it went down to the wire. Centre was actually down 7 with like 40 seconds left. Here's what happened at the end of regulation.

The kid who his the shot, Thomas Britt, had 28 in the 2nd half and OT. Even if you have no affinity to Centre, it's still an amazing shot.

Further, Centre beat mighty Trinity last night, in Texas, 78-69 in OT. They were down 16 in the second half!! I'm sure few care, but they are now 17-1 and are likely to be top 10 in the nation soon. That's pretty righteous.

The C-J has annoyingly played up UL opponent again. Rutgers (10-12), is described as not being a doormat anymore in the "Every-night-is-Armageddon...Big East." I'm not seing the BE sucks, but Rutgers does. Don't tell me how they beat Pitt at Pitt, because I know that, and I don't care, nor am I impressed.

No comments: