Saturday, February 2, 2008

UK-UGA 2/2/08

OK, after downloading a bevy of viruses, I think I concocted the perfect media player cocktail to successfully watch the UK/UGA game. Thus, if it starts, I will have a live blog. Right now, the "channel" is a black screen that flashes every now and again--it's kind of like the video on The Ring. I think I'll get Slingbox soon...

I'm going to switch the format up a bit, and head each blurb with the score leading into that time frame, and end each one with the new score. I can't explain that clearly; you'll see.

0-0, no one is winning yet...
Oh my God, the game is now on CBS...weird; luckily, though, as it appears that whatever I downloaded doesn't work. I already had a scathing email to WISH-TV email planned. At least I have a VLC Player, whatever that is. Apparently, Meeks isn't playing and Ramel is sick. That's nice. Coury almost got a steal; instead, it resulted in a wide-open three. Get him out. Jesus, Patterson; make your lay-ups. Coury did get a steal under our basket, though. Wow, we are having trouble around the basket. I love seeing Joe back in there; We need his scoring. We look OK; they've hit a couple of threes, but overall I see us outscoring them. 8-7, UGA

8-7, UGA
Crawford is doing well early, my gf says. She also asked who #30 was though, but quickly realized that "he was on the white team, that's not us." So take her observations lightly. Keep hitting threes, Joe, and we'll be fine. Oh, Gaines was just called for what Harlan described as an, "illegal dribble." I don't know what that is, because it didn't look like a carry. That Bliss baseline shot was trash. That Balkman looking guy just went over the back to take us to break, 14-13 UK.

14-13, UK
The last 3 or 4 shots they've taken have been bad, and we can't seem to grab the ball. We are playing well defensively, though. That alley-oop was awesome...apparently Harlan and Clarke didn't think so. Oh, but Gaines' prayer was "spectacular." Great hit ahead from Jasper, and Bradley may be dead. I guess that's not an intentional foul, but I've seen it called for much less. Bliss wasn't really going for the ball. Nevermind, that's bullshit. Fuck that square-headed tool. Porter had been relegated to student-trainer, apparently. OK...that Krebs guy is playing now. I hope his job is to kick Dave Bliss in the nads. Got to question sending him in for the free throws. Let's just maintain for a little bit with these two in (you know who). UK, 18-17.

18-17, UK
Weak 2nd foul on Joe. That could hurt if both he and Bradley are out. Harris has been walking all game; he can look so confused out there. Porter sighting, 6:01. They are taking a page from USC's book, and just hoisting threes. To the sharpshooting Kevin Harlan, 13 feet is "point blank." The second awesome alley-oop; he's a beast. UK, 25-21.

25-21, UK
DiGiorno commercial=terrible. That guy should be nicer to his wife, otherwise she's going to start cheating on his fat ass. Porter making an impact. Looks like the refs are trying to even the fouls up here--UGA called for some cheap ones. The clock manager has posted 20:10, and 3.4 seconds--bang-up job. Patterson has to stop missing those bunnies. That Crawford pass was not touched by them; oh well. Porter runs like a fat person; I'm not sure what that means, but pay attention...if we ever get to see him run again. Despite Mark Krebs trying to single-handedly ruin our free throw percentage, I think that half was acceptable, 30-29, UK.

On another note, the UK commercial is embarrassingly bad.

30-29, UK
No Bradley...that could be bad. Crawford may need to score thirty for us. Porter steal and assist! He still runs like a fat person. I like how we are coming out here; Harris has some confidence and Joe is still hitting shots. Crawford, as well as he's playing, may need to sit for a while. We are playing awesome defense. I love the way we are playing right now! On the one hand, I'm worried about them making a run. On the other hand, I wonder how that is possible with their team. I hope that isn't a jinx... Got to love the timeout right before the TV timeout; thanks Dennis. 40-29, UK.

40-29, UK
Wow, Jasper with the And1 move. And was subsequently lazy getting back on defense. We have decided that stopping the ball will not be done for this period of time. Hopefully, this is our stretch of cluelessness. That was the most ridiculous continuation call I've ever seen!!! I can't believe they came back; we need to answer. We have head some really bad possessions. Let's make something happen, 44-42, UK.

44-42, UK
Man, Crawford is taking over. He may score 30 after all. Wow, we look completely lost all of a sudden. Hopefully Patterson does that thing where he gets really angry and dominates everyone. Missed a lot more free throws than usual; I blame Mark Krebs. All day down low; force it to Patterson, Joe's hurt. 51-48, UK.

51-48, UK
Oh no, Kellogg has a blog too!!! They keep making weird shots. This is just as frustrating as the game last year; Patterson can't make lay-ups. I can't believe how different we look from 12 game minutes ago. Joe Willis Reed!!! They continue taking bad shots, but they had been going in. Maybe that will shift. Great play out of the timeour...we are having trouble grabbing the damn ball!! I think that Harris lay-up was the original play out of the TO. We are going to miss Bradley and Meeks down the stretch, UK 58-54.

58-54, UK
Wow, Ramon...baaaaaaaaaaad shot. Porter...wow...good steal. That was a nice play. I'll say, we do run some pretty sweet set plays when we execute. UK, 60-55 less than a minute.

60-55, UK
Dangerous pass from Patterson; I can't believe Stevenson caught it. This is where I love Meeks and Bradley: FROM THE LINE. Knock them down, Porter. UGA hasn't lost at home, we haven't won on the road: Nothing has to give. 60-55, 33 secs.

60-55, UK
We have to knock down free throws!!! Regardless, Porter has played well today. Very well; NOW are you glad he played all those minutes early in the season? Gillispie knew what he was doing... Jeez, Stevenson. Way to play strong down low. That was a point guard taking the ball from you. Wow...no Meeks, little Bradley, some Crawford...good win. UK, 63-58.

Crawford looks very injured...

No comments: