Friday, February 8, 2008

IU's radio announcers are pitiful

I tried to listen to the first half of the IU-Illinois game on the radio last night, and I was treated to the worst radio duo since the 'Afternoon D-bags." I understand that, being in Bloomington, the guys are going to be homers, but this was worse. They talked shit about Illinois, they called what was written about Gordon in the papers "pure trash," one guy kept saying insinuate (it didn't make sense), another guy called Jordan Crawford "Joe," and, worst of all, it took the play-by-play man 5 tries to report the score from last time. I'll try my best to reproduce it:

"The Hoosiers won last time in Bloomington, 78 to fifty-er, no, IU won 72 to, wait. OK, IU won last time in Bloomington 63-58. Now let's look at the lineups--OK, the last final was 62-55...or, 62-58."

Then, they bitched about the refs the entire first half.

No live blog this weekend. I won't be watching the Cats from my living room, and UL plays too late. Seriously, who's sober at 9PM on a Saturday? Finals: UK 70-61, UL 77-69.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more on the IU radio guys. That one dude, Ron McIUsucks, is a legend up there and I've never understood it. They are the biggest homers I've heard and they always bash the refs. They say "we" almost as much as that Ari guy that does UL games.

Dubs