Wednesday, February 6, 2008

UK-Auburn 2/6/2008

No Ramel. No Jodie. I don't feel all that great about this game, even though Auburn isn't too good. Tip in eighteen minutes.

0-0
Hammond flying solo?!?!? Ah, hello Lar.

Oh God, look how few people are there.

Oh man, I thought Coury was going to the rack off the tip.

Discuss Coury's walk amongst yourselves.

PPatt can go for 30 against these guys easy...we just need to get him the ball in the right spots.

Shot fake, Joe. Antwain Barbour was one of the best...if not the most prolific.

Gross, Harris. Bend your damn knees.

PPatt had a guard on him there, and no one really looked at him. C'mon guys, Auburn blows.

8-6, Cay-uts
I'm not sure what their token press is doing, besides wearing out 5 of their 7 usable players at a time.

I'm confused as to why Jasper is trying to create his own shot all of a sudden. I don't like it.

Oh wow. That was a rough patch. PPatt, for all the greatness, gets blocked ALL THE TIME. He should be making some sort of adjustment soon; and I trust that he is smart enough to figure that out.

We are scoring easily down low...wow, Porter just had two turnovers in like 3 seconds. I like the aggressiveness, though.

They sure drop the ball a lot. What's that about.

Patterson should dominate this team.

14-12, Cay-uts
Hey, no one (on this blog) ever said Porter couldn't shoot. He's much more likeable in limited minutes, especially when he makes threes. That was puuuuuuure.

Jasper's pass was awful, but his block was pretty cool. Where's his brain?

Uh-oh Tiger fans...they haven't seen this kind of shooting in their crappy gym since the days of Scott Pohlman(n?)...who the hell cares how it's spelled?

We are fouling a lot. I wish we'd stop doing that.

Learn from Crawford, youngsters. Just throw it towards Patterson.

Wow. Lots of fouls.

22-15, UK
We really miss Bradley. We don't really have any good ball-handlers.

Joe sure can shoot, though.

That's what happens when you give a team 3 damn shots. Grab the ball!

Jasper is not playing well. At all. Funny how I lauded his decision-making last week.

Do it yourself, Patterson. Please, start rebounding everyone! Are we even paying attention!! We don't look very focused, for whatever reason.

27-23, UK
Sweet highlight package, RAYCOM.

Whoa, that was like some sort of crazy alley-oop. Joe almost had an awesome cram.

I wonder what Billy G. was pissed about. Not going to get a grain of info from these dingbats, that's for sure.

I cannot believe this game is tied. Auburn sucks balls.

I'm baffled that announcers have failed to grasp the fact that a jump-stop is legal.

Well, that wraps up a half of them making complete bullshit jump shots. We should win this game by no less than ten.

34-34, ridiculous
Our ball, bitches!! Come on!!!

Well, we're losing.

Wow, not anymore.

Holy shit, we are 15-22??? If we would stop turning the ball over and start rebounding, we'd be up 20.

Wow, they have walked three times and been called for it once in the first 2+ minutes of the half.

Joe is burying daggers!!

Wow, Ramon accidentally stole that pass. Nice flush!

OK, let's run away with this.

46-37, UK
That wasn't a charge on Patterson, by the way.

Having a little trouble with the inbounds here. We were destined for a turnover.

Wow, that was a Matrix move from Porter. Unfortunately, it is of little benefit in a basketball game.

We are really not all there tonight. We are making a lot of mistakes, even for us.

I do like the way Ramon is finishing and shooting with confidence.

52-46, Auburn blows
Again, more bone-headed mistakes.

Crawford is good. He has looked pretty unstoppable, even while injured.

Well, I spoke a little soon. He was awfully stoppable on the play where he fell to the floor. That was easy to guard.

I've held my tongue long enough--we are getting called for a shitload of questionable fouls.

Wow. Look at Ramon being aggressive. I like it. I wish we would all be playing that way.

We look pretty damn clueless. We need Joe back FAST.

56-48, UK
By the way, that guy walked twice.

I am stunned at how much Auburn sucks.

Jeff Lebo should be lobbying for nothing; they've gotten every foul call in this game. Which is fine, but you can't have it both ways. OK, now we're starting to get some cheapies.

We have made more terrible passes than I've ever seen.

Whoa, Ramel's there? I hope he doesn't kiss anyone!! Joe is being "senior Joe" tonight. We need that from him every night.

STOP FOULING. Or keep fouling; they probably suck at free throws. They suck at everything else.

Oh, more turnovers. Good work. Stop trying to score. Just stand at the top of the key with the ball and allow the shot clock to expire.

This is unbelievable.

62-55, UK...I guess
This is unreal. THROW THE BALL TO YOUR OWN FUCKING TEAM!

Conley said it, all we have to do is not turn the ball over. We can't do it.

I realize we are missing our point guard, but I thought that our other players could handle the ball, at least a little bit. We can't even throw it to our teammates.

62-57, under 2, UK
Don't bitch about fouls, Lebo!

They, at the 1 minute mark, had 25 free throws to our 6. I think officials hate Gillispie or something.

This has been horribly frustrating.

64-61, UK, 30 secs.
Un-be-fucking-liev-able.

Wow. He get fouled on that lay-up.

Thank God they're absolutely absurdly terrible and stupid.

This game was embarassing. I'm glad it's over.

66-63, UK...Matt Jones has been very close with his recent predictions. He said 68-60, I think and he was close last time.

I've never seen us try and give away a game like that. Patterson was the only player on the court with an ounce of poise. I hope this was a learning experience.

No comments: