Wednesday, February 6, 2008

It's signing day!!!

I hope we get Aaron Boyd.

Well, that concludes my signing day coverage. Refer to the creepy, yet sometimes informative, Jody Demling for more. Seriously, he looks like an older movie character's young self. Like when a sixty year-old flashes back to when they were thirty, that's Jody Demling. I don't know why I get that feeling, but think about it the next time you see him.

Duke-UNC is tonight, and apparently, at least according to ESPN, Gerald Henderson intentionally breaking Hansbrough's face is good TV! They show that clip a lot, as if it occurred in the spirit of battle. "But it's Henderson, and he's not a dirty player; that doesn't happen at Duke."

I really don't understand how, even at Duke, this wasn't seen as the dirtiest play...ever. I mean, if there were one player who is loved by the media as much as Duke, it's Hansbrough. And, he is widely considered one of the best college basketball players. You would think a play like this would get buried with the Kermit Washington punch and Woody Hayes throat-grab, only to be shown when discussing poor sportsmanship or violent plays in sports. Instead, it is being broadcast as just another hard play in this spirited rivalry. If any other player tried to fore-arm Hansbrough's face off, I think ESPN would be "disgusted by such a violent act."

I could be wrong, but I'm not. Go Heels...I would love to see Psycho D (not a mistake) on the line 25 times tonight.

Live-blog tonight....for UK-Auburn. Why would all of our guys play?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Psycho D"...finally made the blog!

Jed

P.S. Sadly, Lofton is good again.