Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thanks IU

Due to IU's scandal, I wasn't able to see the first couple of minutes of the UK game. Thus, I saw zero Joe Crawford threes. Again, we won in a close, disappointing game.

I think the recently nailed-down "Charles" posts comments that are so outrageous that I have no choice but to post about them. Yesterday, he acted appalled that I didn't like Jerry Smith. First of all, you should never be appalled or surprised to see that I randomly hate anyone or anything. In fact, I'll rant about that later. And secondly, you certainly shouldn't be surprised to see that I hate a UL player. Jerry Smith, I feel, is mostly indefensible. You say that he's a throwback, but to who? T-Will? Every single time he makes a three (which is quite often), he jumps around and celebrates. He is always trying to show people up, and he has awful facial hair. I don't blame T-Will for pistol-whipping him--the only decision Terrence has ever made that I will support.

Before you tell me some story about him giving some kid his wrist-bands or something, watch this video, and decide if this is how throwbacks act:

Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome shot, but what happened to his jersey? He also shoulder-checks some lady. I think my favorite part of that video is Pitino slapping that big fat guy in the ass. That's usually my favorite part of any video.

OK people, it's crunch time in the Greatest Highlight bracket. We've widdled the field of ten trillion down to 16, and now the Flutie play and Hank Aaron hitting 715 are playing in the final 8. I can't believe they are meeting so early!

The defense of Who's Now (Sportscenta poppin', now e'rything is stoppin, HEY!) was that it was during the dull period of the sports year. What's the excuse now? If they didn't do this nonsense we wouldn't have to suffer through hour and a half Sportscenters. The days of the final 30 minutes of SC being "reserved for hockey highlights and over-analysis" (George, D.) are long gone. When I turn on SC now, I never know when in the show I am entering. Sometimes I turn it on and there's a man speaking in Spanish.

If I hear or see anything related to the Sampson circus, I'll let you know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, Jerry Smith is awesome, what do you want the KID to do when he hits clutch 3's, apologize to the other team for being awesome? Second of all, and maybe I was the only one on this blog who gambles, but that last second shameless dunk against Syracuse was just enough for the cover, so it was the ultimate highlight of my day, and one more reason for me to love UofL.

Anonymous said...

I really don't like Jerry Smith at all either. It's saves time if I just make a list of UL players that I consider likeable:

E5
The Padge
C3P0
Everick Sullivan
Tick Rogers

In response to John, I would like Jerry Smith to keep his jersey on and not knockdown ladies after hitting clutch threes, anything else if fair game really.

Tdubs

Gene Parmesan said...

I'm OK with him celebrating after hitting clutch threes. I'm talking more about the three he'll hit a minute into the game, or, better yet, when up 19 against DePaul, or some other BE powerhouse.