Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I'm still a UK fan...

That said, I have never been more disappointed in a team than I was last night. We didn't play hard, smart, or well. We weren't in the right spots, we didn't TAKE shots, and we got destroyed by Vandy. A Ross Neltner-led Vandy. That's really, really embarassing.

Sorry to those who read the live-blogs, but it's hard to type and cry at the same time. I'll probably not do those anymore, mainly because UK was undefeated when I live-blogged, but that is no longer true. I made a silent agreement with myself that I would stop if we lost; this game was a sign. I guess it was a verbal agreement, when I was talking to myself in the shower, but that's neither here nor there.

Looks like we found one thing out for sure last night: Ashley Judd is a f'ing curse. 'Oh, but she's such a good fan. She came and cheered even though we were getting plowed.' This quote, that I'm sure will be whined by every UK fan that likes Trashley, epitomizes my point. First of all, any sane fan would say, 'the score is WHAT?!?!? Oh God, I don't want to deal with those nerds.' And they would go to some crappy honky-tonk and watch Straight-Shootin' McMountainbeer play covers of Alan Jackson's shitty songs. Secondly, it further proves that she only goes to these games for the cameras. If not for the promise of airtime and publicity, you would never, ever see her at a game. Dumb attention whore, Trashley is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I disagree with your take on "trashley." For the record, I don't think you would've skipped the game and listened to McBeerbutt or whatever either, nerds or not. Hopefully she at least distracted some people from watching the worst UK performance in my lifetime.

Tdubs

Unknown said...

Just please post something about the idiots that are Roger Clemens and Republicans. What a disgrace.