Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Bowl XLII: A Wicked Pissah!!!

As glad as I am that the Patriots lost, I must admit that I am a Tom Brady fan. However, my admiration for Brady is far outweighed by my hatred of almost everyone else on his team, their dill-hole coach, and their fans. I mean, really, did the Patriots leave the field while the game was still being played? When Buck said that the Patriots weren't fielding a defense (which they ended up doing), I was hoping that the Giants would score another touchdown. Either way, we can finally shift our attention to blaming all of the Patriots past success on cheating! Hooray!

Big, fat Jared Lorenzen now has a big, fat Super Bowl ring. Good for him. I anticipate an eating binge of epic proportions. Prediction: Jared Lorenzen will eat himself into a coma this week.

Hansborough, just past the midway point of his career, now has the all-time record for free throws made in UNC history. See, I'm not crazy!!! He scored 22 points on 5-of-14 shooting last night. That's a pretty tough thing to do. I didn't see one moment of the game, so I'm basing my alaysis purely on the statistics--which is fair, in my mind. On another note, whenever I think of UNC's backcourt of Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington, I think of Ty Wiggington. Isn't that weird? And, for some reason, whenever I picture Ty Wiggington in my mind, he's in the on-deck circle desperately trying to get the doughnut off his bat.

I am saddened to report that, due to an unforeseen scheduling conflict, I will be unable to live-blog the Duke-UNC game. It is at 9 on Wednesday, and UK-Auburn is at 8. I asked ESPN to move the times around a little bit, but I haven't heard back from them yet. I'm not holding out much hope. However, you will get your fix tonight for the Cay-ards and Marquette. And maybe, just maybe, UT-Florida tomorrow night. That could be three non-sensical, stream of consciousness ramblings in one week. You guys are so lucky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Psycho T is a Big Fat D.

Jed

P.S. I'm checking to see if this is how you post.

Anonymous said...

D means douche.

Jed

P.S. It works!