Friday, February 15, 2008

Wait, LSU's good now???

They used to be the laughing-stock of the SEC; now that's us. They just lost to UT by 2 and beat Florida in Gainesville; we're coming off a 41 point barn-burner in Nashville. Further, they owe us some payback from football (we beat them in 3 OT's...I don't know if you've heard). It's obvious that we must win tomorrow, but a convincing victory on the road would be nice. We're supposed to get Meeks back, which means Jasper is out. At least that logic has worked for the majority of the season.

I don't know who UL plays, but I'm guessing it's a Big East team and I bet they're REALLY good. You know, because their a Big East team. I'm confused. I'm not prepared to say that the BE is second to any conference, but G'Town is the best team in the best conference? OH, but look at it top to bottom. OK, Rutgers? South Florida? Depaul? St. John's? Providence? In my opinion, if anything, the BE is watered down because they have 6 million (16) teams. Again, I not sure that any conference is better necessarily, but it's not as clear-cut as people pretend. The BE is good, but their bad teams are bad, their mediocre teams are mediocre, and their good teams are just good. It's not like their bad teams are OK, their mediocre teams are good, and their good teams are awesome. The Big 12, ACC and PAC 10 are all better in terms of each conferences' top 3 or 4. Perhaps the BE is best overall, perhaps not. I don't think so, and they are 4th in the RPI just ahead of the shit-awful SEC. Anyway, best of luck UL against 5 guys no one has ever heard of on a "tough" BE team.

I know every conference has shitty teams. Hell, UK is second in the SEC East. I think I read too many quotes from "Spin"tino (YES!). Actually, I'm done trying to qualify this, the BE is overrated.

OK, a new blog is in the works. This guy and I have been communicating via email about starting our own UK blog. Neither of us understand "the internet," but we feel that we can be successful. There will be more info later, but I see it being some sort of daily link type thing with a bunch of our own...hmmm...articles? Anyway, we need a name. So, A Train, T Dubs, and Charles, when you post your angry comments about how stupid I am and what I spelled wrong, give me some ideas for a good name. Oh, and by the way, this blog will still exist.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot about me posting comments about how stupid you are. I'm not going to say that the Big East is the best conference, because frankly I don't give a shit. I think people who brag about how great the conference that their teams represent are (especially in basketball) need to find a hobby. What difference does it make? C-USA is a pitiful conference, but does that mean Memphis is no good? Duke plays in a pretty tough conference, but routinely chokes it up in March. When a Big East team plays a team from another conference, I am for the team from the other conference (unless it's Kentucky). All I really care about is how well Louisville is doing. As far as your website, I checked it out for you, "www.weliketobitchaboutourfavoriteteam.com" is still available.

Anonymous said...

I read beezie's site last night (probably shouldn't have done that on Valentine's day). You both gave up mid-way through Vandy's drubbing. Coincidence? Eerily similar topics to boot. Nonethess it was a pretty solid read. I'll throw my endorsement into the Hilbert/Beeziesomething campaign.

On to college hoops, if the ACC gets more than 3 teams this year, it will be criminal. Duke's honkeys are getting it done in a shitty conference. I'm sure they will flop out in the 2nd round again this year (something UofL never does..hah)

BTW, us Tard fans are going to ride the Big East banner as long as we can for 2 reasons: 1. the league will split in a few years leaving the football playing schools together creating a slightly better Metro.
2. We haven't had a reason to be proud of our conference ever. Adding fuel to the fire is the UK football fan rant about the greatest football conference ever assembled (oh wait, I guess that's kind of true.)

So is the bass dead?

A-bomb

Anonymous said...

I have a name idea...

"Homo and the Beez"

You're welcome,
Jed

Anonymous said...

www.beeznutzandstuffaboutthecayuts.com

Or

www.dongtimewithevan.com

Pretty much can't miss with either.
Glad I could help.

tdubs