Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ohhhh man, did Stevenson ever suck!

I'm not right about everything, and I asked almost everyone who reads this (Tommy and Evan) last night, but I will ask it again, "Can we all agree now that Perry is terrible?"

I hope he makes a big, fat liar outta me, but I don't see it happening. It's shameful that, in the absence of Patterson, he couldn't be the guy to step up and handle the inside. He has hands of stone, rarely gets in good rebounding position, and sells out for the blocked shot EVERY time (the last two go hand-in-hand).

Also, I'll go ahead and take the bullet for Gene here, but the officiating sucked bad.

-The Galloway foul on the rebound made NO sense. He took the ball away from the rebounder cleanly and was whistled for a nice hustle play.
- I know Deandre is out of control and probably a loud mouth, but the series in which he got two off the ball fouls in TEN SECONDS was as blatant a power-trip as I have seen in a while.
- Sticking with Liggins, his charge on Ogilvy wasn't even close. If sliding on your knees through the lane is "getting position," then I guess Ogilvy got there.
- Meeks was completely mugged late in the game when he got two tries from point blank. His first shot was blocked cleanly, and they then proceeded to hit him in the face on the second try.
- 15 of their first 30 points were from the stripe. And don't tell me they were taking it to the rack every time. When a white guy fell, somebody was getting a foul called on them. End of story.
- AJ Stewart, although late to the spot on defense most of the evening, had a phantom and-one called against him early on.
- Look. They shot 40 fuckin' free throws. It's VANDY...they ain't that physical.

Would we have won? Probably not. But, I will agree with Gene, who texted last night at one point, that the calls were "weird." Plus, say what you want about Billy, but Stallings is the whiniest bag of shit in the conference...hands down.

3 comments:

Adam said...

I think you should call the SEC and voice your opinions.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=125013014&mid=125013014&sid=888&style=2

Thom said...

As I texted you last night: "PSteve is regressing."

Thom said...

Which begs the question of who on this team has actually improved during their time at UK? Meeks is the only guy that I can make a argument for. Another fun thought is that we don't have even a remotely decent option at point guard. Porter's doing all he can but can't handle the ball if a defender is in the same zip code and Liggins seems as fruity now as he did at the beginning of the season.