Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Callanwolde

Good lord, where to begin.

I guess I should first define the title. Callanwolde is a fictional location devised by author Pat Conroy, and it describes all that is beyond bad and evil. It's worse than the mind can conjure. I might have fucking spelled it wrong, but that's the least of my worries right now. And face it, yours too.

I don't really think my keyboard/sanity can handle a rehashing of the mistakes in tonight's game. They're too plentiful, and frankly, too depressing. Instead, let's cut to the chase.

We all agree now, right? It's over. The little "hey, let's give him time/wait till he's got his guys/I just like 'em 'cause he ain't black" spell has ended, yes? We've done nothing by way of improvement, and goddammit---for all the talk---nothing by way of toughness. We're just as bad as we were when we lost to Gardner-Webb. We don't improve, we don't change, we don't adjust. We stubbornly lay in our own shit.

It's not even about records, really. Or wins and losses. Or, shit, maybe it's entirely about those things. Either way, it's embarrassing. I thought I'd never be so embarrassed after the GW game, then came Houston, San Diego, Vandy, VMI, and now, this. And seriously, I wouldn't be pissed if we had IU type shit-asses (no offense, guys! Keep fightin'!). However, we have good players. Meeks and Patterson are as good as it gets. Miller, Liggins, Galloway and Stewart can play as well. This situation comes down to guys, like Porter and Harris, being put in unfair positions. Look, Harris can't guard Downey and Porter can't dribble past him, you don't have to be around these guys 10 hours a day to see this. Stop the bullshit. Toughness can't bring the ball up the floor. And zones fucking work, too!

It's unexplainable. I've never seen a team more unprepared to play a game and a coach so unwilling to adjust in my life. And it's almost once a week! For as often as this happens, you'd think we'd get more from Gillispie than, "we got whipped." Well no shit, asshole. But why? What went wrong? His inability to explain losses exhibit his ineptitude better than any lowcountry shit-kicking could. "Well, we gotta be tougher and take it personally."

Fuck you. You're an insult to the profession.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best blog ever. 5th and 6th paragraphs especially. Billy is a joke in Hazard, thats amazing. we suck and for once nobody is overreacting!

Huck Chayes

Anonymous said...

That was kinda choppy! Huck was not an english major.

Thom said...

Everyone really wanted to believe that Gillispie was going to be the great white redneck hope that would outwork 'em and out recruit 'em and out coach 'em. He's done none of those things and I say, fire his ass! I hope I eat these words (as if any of tonight's 2 1/2 unique visitors will remember them), but pink slip Clyde's aw-shucks I'm gonna sit Jodie meeks for missing one assignment while I play a no talent red headed ass clown like Sloan as soon as this season is done and hire Darin Horn. There you go, do it! I am in no way over-reacting and this non-over-reaction is in no way influenced by the fact that everyone who has ever read this blog is now a "contributor" sans Train and I.