Monday, February 16, 2009

Before I Forget...

Alternate title: Before Gillispie Fucks It Up.

I'd be remiss if I didn't express my satisfaction with both the game plan and execution Saturday. We defended, scored (well, Meeks scored), and ran an actual offense at times. A few times in the first half I noticed that we were calling plays after they set up their offense. Do you know what that means? We scouted! I suspect Gillispie figured that, without Patterson, he'd have to do some actual coaching.

We were in a similar situation as Louisville when they got shit-on in South Bend. Granted, ND is better than Arkansas, but UL is better than UK, also. I was afraid they'd take all their frustrations out on us. We didn't let them, and we kept it from even being close. So, holy shit, bravo.

3 comments:

Thom said...

I thought he did a nice job isolating Miller out top towards the end. He blew by Washington twice and crammed on one. That kid is going to be good.

Gene Parmesan said...

Oh, you've decided to speak sensibly again, I see?

Bick Rozich said...

Not me...

"Dad, we're men. That means a few things - we like to shit with the door open, we talk about pussy, we go on riverboat gambling trips, and we make our own beef jerky."

"Dale, we've literally done none of those things."