Tuesday, January 1, 2008

You're next!!!



Hopefully this babbling douche bag gets a chance at an SEC school so that the Cay-uts can continue their dominance of this hilljack family. We probably aren't so lucky, though, as I can't imagine him getting another job.

If there are any questions concerning the discipline of FSU after the academic scandel, they answered them with their play in the game yesterday. They had a bevy of unsportsmanlike penalties, and their special teams play was atrocious. I understand that Bowden has been at FSU for fifty years or something and he's been responsible for breeding dominant teams, but he needs to leave. He has absolutely zero control over his players. He had little control over his players when his teams were good; now they blow and he has lost it all. At this rate, they will have a season where they don't even field a team.

I'm am all for upstart teams like Hawaii getting their chance in a BCS game (that's not even true), but it is awful sweet to watch UGA blast the Rainbow Warriors in the first half. Yeah, Rainbow Warriors. Colt Brennan sucks. Oh, Keenan Jones, #29, is a psycho and should have been tossed when he nearly killed that returner.

My answer to you, Chuck, is another question. Why is BCG clueless and without character? Was it the breeze-by he gave Tom Penders after the home crowd chanted how much he sucked for the final five game minutes? I know that you would never cite Coach K as the picture of class, but he once took his team off the floor during the game. I think that is a little worse. If that is the most classless thing that BCG does this year, fine. We're frustrated and struggling mightily; the man won he Big 12 Coach of the Year twice in the last three years. I don't think that these 12 games are indicative of his coaching ability. I also find the character comment very, very ironic.

As far as his being a drunk, I really don't give a shit. As long as he continues to get plowed within the boundaries of the law, who cares? I don't really care about the unsubstantiated rumors that are all over the web. Until some bad shit goes down, let's wait and see how he does for the remainder of the year. He's been respectable to the media despite our psychotic fans, the pressure, and the rumors. Besides, anyone looks classless in the shadow of Tubby.

Saturday's game should be interesting. As bad as UL looks, I think we will have to play much better than we have all year in order to win. It's certainly possible now that Meeks and Jasper are playing, but I think a win will be tough to get. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

OK, my love for Jacob Tamme will be thoroughly outlined tomorrow as well as what I would have written to UL fans if I was Brian Brohm. Yeah, big day. I'll probably be tired and not write anything, though. Deal with it. Gotta go, Hawaii's marching band is playing! I like the tromboners the best.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pitino is a terrible coach right now. I sure hope he proves me wrong, but he hasn't shown me much in 6 and a half years. You can no longer count on the turnovers and the threes. His half-court offense is AWFUL. Yeah, let's play a weave for 25 seconds at the top of the key and see if anything happens. Then we'll miss a hurried shot and back up and play ZONE. Freakin' zone for God's sake. Get it into the post EARLY Rick! And if the game's close, someone needs to tell Rick to head to the locker room. Bad, bad, and more bad. Just look at the way he handles end-of-half situations when the shot clock is off. He starts a play with like 6 seconds left. Result: hurried shot with no time left for a put-back. Is there any other coach in college basketball who does this?

For the third straight year, there's not a lot of excitement going into the UK-UofL game.