Friday, January 25, 2008

Sorry about yesterday...

I was writing my post yesterday from the library, and my computer started to die. Unfortunately, the plug that was near me didn't work. I was going to move to another plug, but I would've had to sit on the floor. People would've thought, 'wow, he must be doing something really important.' Then they would walk past and see me blogging and think, 'oh, what an asshole.' So I just left--in tears. I don't really remember what I was writing about, but I'm sure it was both hilarious and super informative. Probably some sort of knee-slapping escape plan for the Iraq War, or a hum-dinger of a way to boost the economy. Whatever it was, I'm sure it left you feeling cheated and empty, like a WNBA season ticket holder. Anyway, I won't let it happen again; well, then again, I probably will.

Paulus and some scary VT player got into it yesterday, and then the VT guy decided to go apeshit and try to hurt all the Dukies. I'm all for hating and hurting Duke, but good Lord, be discreet! You can't be tripping and pushing people all over the court--and then try to flop and get a charge. Probably not the best route to getting calls to go your way.

Well, Jim Brown's pissed again. This time, at Tiger. Apparently, Jim Brown was offended, when Tiger wasn't that offended, by the kind of offensive remarks made by that one lady (ewww, I know she has a name...oh man, I bet SHE'S offended!). I understand Jim Brown is an "activist," but what is he trying to do here? I think if Tiger truly thought that the comments were harmful or malicious, he would've said so. It's not for you to decide what is a damaging word or comment. Coming out and saying that Tiger didn't handle this properly only makes the situation worse. She apologized, Tiger accepted, end of story. Let her serve her suspension and live out the rest of her life being secretly referred to as "that racist lady."

Attacking anyone, in my opinion, would be really stupid in this situation. Attacking Tiger, of all professional athletes, is absolutely ridiculous. Saying that he has a civic responsibility to uphold is laughable. Granted, athletes to have a responsibility to uphold to the community; however, suggesting that Tiger doesn't go above and beyond the threshold of being a charitable athlete, now that's just absurd. Calling more attention to it, as Brown is doing, impedes societies ability to move past this situation. It was racist, she apologized, OVER.

Starting tomorrow, I will be doing something that will solidify my spot as a total loser blogger. During big games (UK games, most UL games, some Duke, whatever I choose, really), I am going to do some live blogging, as the kids call it. I will post at each TV timeout, and you, the reader, can view, in real time, my roller coaster of emotions during UK games. I guarantee that I will both praise and censure Ramel Bradley, as well as P-Steve. Anyway, should be a blast! I'm doing this for myself more than anything else, but you a-holes can benefit as well. I want to see my mood rise and plummet with the play of the Cay-uts. I'll try to get to both games tomorrow, but the UL game may be a tough sell to my gf, who'll probably want to watch "What Not to Wear" or some bullcrap. Perhaps I'll live blog that..."I swear, black pants, brown belt! Un-be-lieve-able!!" Anyway, stay tuned, check the blog tomorrow, at your convenience. There will finally be weekend updates!!!

No comments: