Sunday, December 30, 2007

Well, We're Just Not Good at This

I don't really have much to say about the game yesterday, except that, even in late December, we are clueless. Ramon Harris does not get it. The game is way too fast for him and he makes very lazy passes. Jasper and Meeks are rusty, and Jasper looked even slower than usual. Coury looks and plays like a character from Nickelodeon's "Doug," and Perry Stevenson isn't strong or agressive enough to play at the Y. A.J. Stewart and Porter didn't play enough to piss me off yesterday, but given the chance, they would have. Crawford and Ramel: I really hate to say this as I've tried liking them for their entire careers, but if you could give me a group of worse seniors to have in a transition year, I would be astounded. Not as far as talent or effort, but they aren't really very good leaders. Saddens me, as it seemed that they had both really bought into Gillispie in the offseason and were ready to do big things. But as it has been for their entire careers, a lot of talk, not a lot of results. I honestly believe they tried; they just can't be leaders. Patrick Patterson is our only bright spot; can you imagine what would happen if he didn't get 20 and 10 every night?!

All that said, and that's not even everything, we still have potential THIS YEAR. I've seen bigger turnarounds from shittier teams. Perhaps a fully healthy Jasper and Meeks will help tremendously, especially since that may mean Harris will be off the floor. I apologize, but, that guy sucks. In reality, if my turnaround doesn't happen, we will still but someone surprisingly. I don't know who it is, but someone good is going down!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry Evan, but Gillispie is a clueless idiot. Kragthorpe looks like a bad hire, but at least he has character. Gillispie is an arrogant alcoholic and a pathetic coach.