Thursday, January 17, 2008

Why Hansbrough?

Tyler Hansbrough shot fifteen free throws last night. Georgia Tech shot ten. Why? What is it about him? On one play in particular, there was a tie-up on a loose ball. Two refs came flying in to call a jump ball, and, as psycho T hit the floor, another came in and called a foul. Paul Hewitt about shit his pants. All Hansbrough does is act spastically on the floor and flail about until one of his limbs catches another player. Upon this contact, he crumples to the floor. I take everything back that I said about Kevin Love; at least he gets hit when he gets fouled. Hansbrough job is to force a shot in traffic; he gets the call every time. He's impossible to defend. The bad thing is, he knows he will get these calls. If he doesn't he acts like he got Henderson-ed. Which leads into my next point: Does he use those little blood packets like wrestlers? Why is he always bleeding? Every UNC game I watch ends with him covered in blood. It's disgusting.

It appears that, for the first time in a few years, one in every five Cubs games will last 2 hours and ten minutes. Lieber is back! I hope he can be in our rotation, but he's really been chucking meat lately.

Some huge dude punched Greg Paulus last night. The funny thing is, as this video shows, the punch didn't appear to have really landed. Instead, Paulus acts like it did. You have to watch until the end. Apparently, I didn't know this until I saw the replay, some people don't like it when you swing wildly "for the ball" and then lay on the floor and maliciously kick your legs. If you would have heard some douche on ESPN, you would have thought that Paulus was doing community service when he was undeservedly attacked. Luckily, I caught the replay. I'm an advocate for clean play and all, but when you provoke an attack AND your Greg Paulus, I have no mercy.

No comments: