Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I forgot something

I meant to include this in my UL section yesterday, but there was a replay that perfectly epitomized Louisville's defensive philosophy. (DISCLAIMER: This is not an invitation for every UL fan to post about UK sucking and how you beat us.) Towards the end of the game, Seton Hall ran two players through the lane, crossing one another. It looked similar to a play that we ran in eighth grade. Anyway, on this play, Jerry Smith fouled out (not without his token bitching. Jerry, with that mustache, no one will take you seriously outside of Wet Willy's). When ESPN+ (must have been quite a bidding war for this showdown) showed the replay, not only could you see Smith grabbing and pulling his man's jersey, but T-Will was employing the exact same "grab and pull" defense. Again, I wish I knew how to move...SOMEONE FELL!!! I just saw someone fall outside. Asian man, 5'10", wearing a big puffy jacket. Oh man; he thinks no one saw him!!! It's icy out there, grasshopper...sorry. That was hilarious.... OK. I wish I knew how to move things from my TV to my computer.

I'm sorry, but we're going back to the fall for a second. This dude was briskly walking just outside these stupid glass doors that you aren't allowed to open, and it looked like he was trying to do some sort of "stop and turn." When he planted, I think, his foot slipped and his flailing arms stole my attention. Just as I turned, he was doing some sort of crawl with all four limbs that ended with him face-planting. It was awesome. He quickly stood up, adjusted his glasses, looked around, and was on his way. He didn't immediately brush the snow off, but I'm sure he did moments later. He was covered.

As for Louisville's fall (that's good journalism), I really thought they were coming together to be a force in the BEast. I thought this up until like four minutes left in the Seton Hall game. They should have guarded those two guys; would have worked in their favor.

If anyone is a blog-hopper like me, you should really check out The Big Lead, as they have a mention of Sully's on 4th Street in one of their recent posts. I generally trust the judgment of these folks, but they are endorsing Sully's as being cool. Apparently, when their source/friend went, he must have been blacked out. I think I've been their twice and never bought a drink from their bar. I always had to go down to Friday's and walk back. It was a pain in the ass. Plus, everybody there was sweaty.

What can you say about tonight's game? We might lose by fifty, or we might win. Probably won't win, even though after the game I'll feel like we were "right there!!" We'll see what happens with a "healthy" Meeks and Jasper. I take back the Rafael Little statement; they aren't vag's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life without Jamal Mashburn, Scott Padgett, Ron Mercer, etc. sucks

Rick Pitino

Seriously Coach Pitino please feel free to switch defenses from time to time. He simply struggles to make in game adjustments. Very frustrating to watch as a "Tard" fan.

A-Train
hotchickswithdouchebags.com