Monday, January 28, 2008

"Charles"

Someone by the name of "Charles" posted a message during the live blog about the free throw disparity. His message, which accused me of making no mention of said disparity, leads me to believe that "Charles" did not read the live blog, as I made two mentions of the foul disparity. However, what I did not say, nor had I been planning to say, was that we have shot over 100 less free throws than the opposition this year. Sure we've been down late a lot and had to put teams on the line, but some games there was a noticeable difference. On Saturday, though, I didn't think we were going to the line because the refs were giving us calls. We were much stronger and bigger than them down low, and they had to foul several times to prevent easy baskets. On their end, they shot a lot of threes and rarely went inside, basically because they were over matched. The disparity in this game, which for once favored UK, was a non-issue just as the opposite had been non-issues when UK lost to UNC, IU, etc. (we have lots of losses). So yes, "Charles," I will mention it, just for you.

I'm more pleased with the win Saturday now that I remember that Crawford wasn't playing. I forgot all about that; at first, I was a little upset that we only beat them by 8. I feel a little better now. Yay.

We don't play until Saturday which is lame, but that means we get a full week of Tom Brady coverage. He hurt his ankle. For a picture of him in a boot, go to any website in the universe.

I think that's all for now. I have to get my schoolin' in. I'll do the live blog tonight for the UL game, which I think they may win. UConn may let down a bit after their win in Bloomington (that's where I am!). Apparently, according to the IU student newspaper, the students loudly chanted "Fuck you, refs" at the end of the game. Ew.

I don't know your feelings on the live blog, but I like doing it. It allows me to keep a stream-of-consciousness diary of the game. In the future, I'll try to make it more readable/sensible. It's like I have a diary, and you guys found the key!

Until tonight, losers.

No comments: