Friday, January 18, 2008

Hey, Louisville, stop playing on Thursdays!

When I made my work schedule, one of the factors when choosing which nights I worked was what games would be on. Thus, I chose Thursday and Friday nights. I know, I'm pathetic. But still, when did meaningful games start being played on Thursdays? This is bullshit. Anyway, I didn't get to see any of the game, but, judging by the box score, I'm sure it was basically a parade for Terrence. I'm glad I missed it.

I did, however, see most of the Minnesota/IU game. It really got me thinking: So this is what it looks like when a team completely buys into a Tubby system. It's getting more and more obvious that the problem with recent UK teams wasn't Tubby: It was the egos of some of the players...from one particular class. People always bitched about us not pressing, but could you imagine Randolph Morris as the safety on a press? That big camel would be chewing his damn gum back there and teams would score every time on runouts. It's pretty sad, really. Tubby needed guys who would listen and who knew how to play, and he had that with guys like Fitch, Bogans, Daniels, etc. and we were awesome. Then we got the big stars, and we sucked. I hate to be "that guy" but Ramel Bradley has zero basketball sense. He works his ass off and does some great things, but I don't think I've ever seen a senior take worse shots and be more out of control with the ball. I really feel bad for him because it's easy to see how hard he tries. He just doesn't get it.

I guess that's it. We really can't afford to get blasted by UF tomorrow. We need Meeks and Jasper; this is getting Rafael Little-like.

2 comments:

Beside the point said...

You should write more about non-sports stuff. Half-way through this post my eyes glazed and I started staring at the white space next to it. I was much more engaged when you were making fun of innocent people trying not to miss the bus. Just my $0.02.

Anonymous said...

I disagree, I think you should stick with your strengths. . .okay, strength.