Friday, January 11, 2008

Embarassment forthcoming

I'm not even going to pretend we're going to beat Vandy tomorrow. Instead, I'd rather outline how embarassing it is to be beaten by these dorks four, probably five times in a row.

In their starting five, Vandy has both Ross Neltner and Andrew Ogilvie (who, although scoring 25 points against USC, is listed on ESPN.com as never having played a minute this season and has no position listed). Beginning with Neltner: What a douche. I hated all of the UK fans who always bitched about how we let him "get away." Neltner is an under-sized four, who really fits in no system (definitely not Tubby's or Gillispie's). My biggest memory of Neltner came last year, when he hit the back of the rim with a three, and it went straight up and straight down, falling through the net. Clearly a lucky bounce, Neltner was sure to jog backwards down the floor, holding his follow-through up and nodding his big, stupid head. Do you pose after all of your missed shots, Jordan? He's a Fort Thomas cake-eater, and he plays for a team that has beaten us four straight times. What is wrong with the world?

Andrew Ogilvie is much harder to make fun of. While I'm certain that he's a turd, he's been one of the best player's in the SEC this season. He's third in the conference in scoring (Foster leads) and 9th in rebounding. He will be a problem. Even if Patterson does a good job down low, we can only hope for Harris to hold Foster to 30. Good Christ, when did Vandy get so good?

Rick Majerus, who once said on live TV, "I like to give my guys a couple of ball-touches before they just go in and jack it," has lost his mind. St. Louis scored 20 points last night. That is pathetic. I still don't know how that is even possible; did they not shoot?

I didn't see the UL-WVU game last night, so insert your best T-Will comments here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll insert a T-Will line: he is a hard-working class-act who plays unselfishly and makes Louisville a better team. He was a big reason Louisville was able to beat WVU so handily and, at one point, offered to help one of their players off the hardwood after they were called for a block, but was shunned. Get over what happened in Lexington, he's not the first player in history to ever draw a "t."

Gene Parmesan said...

I don't hate T-Will for what happened in Lexington. I've hated him from day one.

I'm glad he's playing well now. Perhaps, if he's actually good, he can receive praise for his consistent and smart play. Before, he was a volatile player who often made bad passes and rushed shots. UL fans even bitched about him. The ONLY reason he was given credit for being "good," was his insane athletic ability. I agree, he had cool dunks.

Just to clarify, I've never liked him, mostly due to his on-court behavior. Not that he's a dick to other players; but his constant over-celebration and screaming when he makes a three.

Anonymous said...

Oh, well, yeah, he does that. . .but his ball hogging and asinine celebrations for pedestrian accomplishments have been far overshadowed by Sosa, so I'm even okay with him in that department too.