Saturday, December 15, 2007

OK, Here Goes

It's time to accept the fact that we are not going to be very good this year. Many people have already succumbed to this un-awesome theory, but I still thought we could do some good things--especially after the first half of the UAB game. The fact is, we were playing pretty damn well; in fact, this is the best we have played all year. Remember, it took Robert Vaden going off in order to beat us. I'm not giving up, I'll hold out for Jasper and Meeks; plus, it's only natural to have some growing pains after a coaching change. I, and many others, had unrealistic expectations for this team. In a few years, we will be very good. I'm not worried about our future.

There were some very positive aspects of today's game: Crawford, Bradley, and Porter looked good shooting; Patterson is awesome; and Ramon Harris completed a few passes. Really, has he played basketball against non-Eskimos before? Anyway, I liked the way we shot the ball. As I may or may not have already said (I say pretty random shit on a daily basis), Porter is definately good when not handling the ball and running the offense. He can shoot when he's open, and he makes fairly good entry passes. As far as his defense on Vaden, I think Billy Clyde was employing the rarely used "white boy D" made famous by Steve Wojodouchebag. Allow me to explain: whenever a good player is guarded by a short, slow white dude, they frequently force bad shots. The superior player always thinks, "oh man, what a mismatch. I have to shoot no matter what." Inevitably, they hoist up some shit. T-Will does it all the time as, in his mind, any defender on him is overmatched. Vaden did it a few times in the first half; apparently he settled down in the second half.

Ramon Harris. What do people see in him? Be honest, when he has the ball are you looking at their guards to see what kind of fast break they're going to have? I am. He literally lobs the ball across the floor. Not that Joe doesn't do that too; but at least he can score. I'm embarassed to admit that I believed the hype about him (Harris) this fall. I really hope he can turn it around.

The fact that our offense consists of anything more than a Patterson shot or uncontested three is beyond me. Pat should be taking twenty shots a game. Force him the damn ball, who cares. It has to be better than those back-cuts we run.

On a slighlty different note, I want to say, on the record, that I firmly believe that we will be in the tournament. The SEC sucks, and we will surely have some help with Jasper, and maybe Meeks. From our next win (whenever that may be) on, we will be a better team each time out. We are going to be very good soon. Very soon. I am already sick over the shit that I read on the message boards with the fans. Those rednecks can all blow me. We have shitty fans who are too stupid to understand change. They are STILL blaming Tubby. No one is to blame (between Tubby and Gillispie). I believed (and still do) that in order for us to get better we needed a change. However, it took these losses for me to come to grips with the fact that these sorts of changes take time. Good God, I feel like I'm breaking up with UK fans.

I'm just as frustrated as the next guy, believe me. I just want to say that I know we will be back. We just have to wait.

No Mike Davis meltdown?!?!?!?!

No comments: