Monday, December 10, 2007

Howie Schwab has Spoken!!

I don't know what channel this was on, or if it was on TV at all, but I saw Howie Schwab on ESPN.com last night and he had some interesting things to say. Not really that interesting, actually, but he thought both Kentucky? and UL would get better. The real news here is that Howie Schwab is absolutely awful; and I have a suspicion that he smells.

As far as what he actually said, I think he is right. Once Jasper and Meeks return, we will be a much better team. I think my comments about Jasper may have been misrepresented, as I know we will be waaaaaaaaaay better when he's back. I guess it took the IU game for me to realize how bad of a point guard Porter truly is. However, I don't think it's fair how much shit he takes. He will be a great spot-up shooter for us in the future. He's out of position, and I think he can actually play. We need Meeks and Jasper bad, though. With only Jasper, we will be a much better team. We will definately be in the NCAA tourney. The SEC is awful.

OK, I know I've made fun of Trevor Matich before, but good God. I cannot believe that he is on TV. The shit he says is absurd, and he's always slapping Joe Schad. It's really creepy. First of all, Matich looks exactly like Giuliani's kid from the SNL skit. Second, I don't think he should ever be in public. His appearance really bothers me; he seems like a guy who would eat poop for money. I don't see what ESPN's criteria is when hiring new employees. Here's what the interview questions must be: Can you speak? Have you ever seen a sport being played? If someone were talking to you, could you answer while staying slightly on topic? If on the Budweiser Hot Seat with Skip Bayless, can you make sure that he looks stupid by the end (easier than it sounds)?

Seriously, these guys suck. Why can't Eric Wynalda do everything? He should be on every show, including College GameDay. He'd be a perfect sidekick for Herbstreit when they go out shagging co-eds.

No comments: