Thursday, December 6, 2007

A Desperate Plea

Dear Alex,
Come back. Please, come back. For some reason, much of my UK brethren is more concerned about our slow point guard returning. Not me. I want you. Only you. So, come back and play for my favorite team.

Thank you.

I emailed that to Alex Legion and cc-ed his mom. That sounds dirty; but kinda hot. Oh, and that's not true. Anyway, is anyone else concerned that we are basing our season's successes on the return of Derrick Jasper? Does anyone remember last year? I believe that he is a nice player who may have improved, but how much could he improve? He is coming off surgery, so he will be much slower than he was last year. Also, remember the shooting and ball-handling? We are reaching here; he can't be THAT much better. I hope he is, but let's be realistic. We need Meeks back FAST. And, unfortunately, that looks unlikely.

As for emails I really did send, here is what I sent the ACC (after calling a number on their website, and someone answered. I feel like I could've just asked for the commissioner):

To whom it may concern:

During the UNC/Kentucky game this Saturday, North Carolina forward Alex Stepheson clearly and intentionally elbows Kentucky guard Ramel Bradley in the mouth, bloodying his lip. The swift and violent act occurs with :44 seconds remaining in the game during a dead-ball situation. I am not asking for any specific punishment for Mr. Stepheson, but simply a reply to know that it has been viewed and considered.

Thank you.

Surprisingly, I have gotten no response.

Apparently, John Clay, who sucks MAJOR donkey balls, reads the blog. Way to get the scoop, four eyes! Hey, at least he stayed on one topic for an entire column...

http://www.kentucky.com/285/story/250955.html

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i disagree with your point on jasper. jasper's return will definately help us. he may not be a great shooter but he can definately pass well, and he's a good ball handler. he had a lot of assists last season and he can play defense. he's a much better option than porter. hopefully jasper has been working on his shot while he's been unable to practice. that being said, i do like porter. he's not that great but he busts his ass everyday. if he didn't, BCG wouldn't start him. also, we do need meeks.

Jed said...

I am pretty sure Clay read and stole your blog. When I first read it, I thought, "Poor Evan, stealing from John Clay." Then, I realized it was the exact opposite. I would sue the pants off that guy...although the thought of a pantsless Clay is grody.

Jed

Anonymous said...

Maybe Alex Stephenson was telling Bradley to stop throwing the vag sign and he simply wouldn't cooperate. Good job for emailing though, I am sure Swofford will take swift action.

Abomb