Thursday, June 26, 2008

Site announcement!!!!!1!!!11!!!one!!!!ONE!!!1

So, I've seen that the two people who read this blog have taken quite a liking to the new guy. He's kind of a douche, though. However, with his arrival comes a new little feature. A feature, I guess.

First, the backstory. When Hoosier Gamecock and I were in college together, we used to get drunk. A lot. Anyway, when we were drunk, we'd argue. A lot. In most cases, I was right because I was louder. Plus, I'd give up and start making fun of him if I was wrong. That's just Argumentation 101.

After landing a lucrative gig at The Cento, I began writing columns for that piece of shit. Seriously, it was the worst thing I've ever read--except my column and Picken Your Brain. Oh man, Picken Your Brain rocked so hard. I mean, my columns actually kind of sucked. One was about the man-crush I had on J.J. Redick; one was about fast-food commercials; I don't remember what else...They were basically non-sensical inside jokes that no one got. Towards the end of my run as columnist, Hoosier Gamecock and I had an idea. Because PTI was the shit, we thought we'd rip them off and do Pardon the Ignorance. See what we did there with the wording? Basically, we'd get drunk at like 2PM, pick a topic, and argue it while Rose typed up all the crap we said. It was fierce.

Thus, we're going to do that here--sans Rose. One of us will pick a topic, pick a side, and the other will have a retort. I don't see how this can fail! Basically, it will be my arguments w/ ChuckG, only Hoosier Gamecock has posting permission.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

why not have your two or 3 faithfur readers of this site throw out the topic? i know, that would make it more like that crappy show "around the horn" with that other guy from "pti" and that show does suck, but this way may encourage your readers to pay more attention. since this site will not let me capitalize my name when i type it in below, i am boycotting all capitalization.

Gene Parmesan said...

OK. Topic us!

Hoosier Gamecock said...

Everything Evan said was true, except for the whole him winning thing. He will try to be more funny than I am, and normally succeed, but your excessively loud voice will not help you in the blogging world, Farva. These debates will be one-sided towards the one who used to live North of the river and now resides in the Dirty South (I can't even explain to you how hot it is). One of the possibly two topics we did in The Cento was "who would finish in last place in the NL central, the Reds or the Cubs?" What classic journalism that was. You are all in for a treat.

Anonymous said...

Topic Ideas:

1)Which sport is better: Basketball or Baseball.

2) Bigger idiot: Shaun Chacon or Cedric Benson?

3) Does Kobe actually know how Shaq's ass tastes?

** Let's table the Reds/Cubs debate until next year.

tdubs

blazin-caucasian said...

Hey Hey Hey...happy to bring my uninvited ass into your all's nerdy book club. I don't know if its cool for the new guy to make a suggestion, but I would like to nominate "Mary-Anne's Bad-Luck Mystery" from the Babysitter's club collection. I know, I know, why not "Claudia and the Genius of Elm Street" first, but who wants to blow our load on the first book?? Can't wait to discuss the first 100 pages fellas!

Strobel (if the name didnt give it away)