Monday, June 23, 2008

Can we agree on something?

If shitty ol' Ryan Dempster played for the Red Sox, Yankees, or Mets, ESPN and the rest of the sporting world would have their lips tightly fastened around his wang. Dude's 9-2 with an ERA under three (fifth in the majors). Sure he doesn't win on the road, but he is almost unhittable at home.

He has very similar numbers to Edinson Volquez, though Volquez has way more K's. So, I guess Volquez deserves similar kudos to Dumpster.

Yeah, this post is still me being pissed that I hear about Joba Chamberlain's motherfucking progression every day. He has been pitching well, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do agree with you Evan (even though I will always think Dumpster is a clown). That's why Tommy and I were so angry a few years back when the pitcher you so lovingly call Chris Griffin led the National League in strikeouts and tied for the most victories and still didn't get a single Cy Young vote (2006, look it up).

Gene Parmesan said...

That was bullshit. I remember that. Webb won. Go Big Blue!!!