Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Chris Griffin v. Dumpster Butt

"...and then the Lord said, 'Let there be fat faces.' And Aaron Harang was created."

That's in the Bible somewhere...it's near the end, but it's there. I'm not confident that Dumpster can win two straight, and Harang is pretty solid. Hopefully we can stymie the Reds w/ their own leftovers.

I've been thinking about something, kind of because we've talked about it in school, but what the fuck is the point of the Mitchell Report? Did it really take a comprehensive list of who used steroids for people to believe that there was rampant use in baseball? Couldn't we just assume? All the Mitchell Report did was soil the image of baseball greats, such as Randy Velarde. No one got punished. I'd be pretty pissed if I was this Mitchell fella. Of course, I wouldn't have done any real congressional work for the entire time I'd been researching this, but I'd still be upset.

Seriously, we're at war, bad shit's happening everywhere, and we are focusing on "cleaning up baseball." Go get 'em, Congress!

OK, gotta go, there's some sort of docu-drama on ESPN Classic based on a Jeremy Schaap book. This can't be bad. I'll be back after Soriano fucks up for the 3rd time tonight.

No comments: