Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Oh. Well, I Guess they Went Inside...

Contrary to what young'n's do at the Stonybrook movie theater, the basketball version came inside Rupp and nearly beat us. They suck immensely, and for us to play that close to them is surely a frightening sight. However, I have some insight and opinions that may surprise you.

I see one of two things happening on Saturday vs. UNC: we can either get bludgeoned, or we can win. Sure, they can roll in and blast us as we have no one that can match-up with anyone on their team, especially if Joe and not-Smooth play like the ball-hogging clowns we remember from, well, their whole career. On the flip-side, though, I think we can be a team that is eager to show that we are not completely terrible and that we have something to prove. I must note, however, that I felt this way nearly every game last season, ending before the Florida game in Gainesville. That game marked the first time in my life when, as a UK basketball fan, I felt that we had absolutely no shot to win. We'll see what happens.

Oh Bozich, you tool. I don't want to re-enter the Big East/SEC argument, but West Virginia and Missouri would be an awful NC. Unfortunately, OU will beat Mizzou and the game will be even worse, with OSU v. WVU. I love how OSU is just going to back into a National Championship. The BCS is such bullshit. I know all you bitches hate to hear this, but UGA, LSU, and maybe even Florida are better teams than OSU, WVU, Mizzou, etc... I honestly believe that the level of play in the SEC is higher than in other conferences. I know USF beat Auburn and WVU throttled MSU; but remember, LSU destroyed VT and Florida massacred FSU, etc. Overall, you put any team in the SEC that has to play those games every week, no one can go undefeated.

I do hate doing all this, because it is literally guessing. Someone create a playoff system. OK, I will. The top eight in the BCS go to a playoff and each conference must have a conference championship in order to be recognized. There, I did it. Here's how the tourney would look this year (before the outcome of the championships this weekend):

(1) Mizzou v. (8) USC
(2) WVU v. (7) LSU
(3) OSU v. (6) VT (good God; you couldn't pay me enough to watch that shit)
(4) UGA v. (5) KU

That would be round 1. As it plays out, on neutral fields, USC beats Mizzou, LSU beats WVU, OSU beats VT (10-6...in the rain...b/c God hates that game too), and UGA beats KU (by 20).

That gives us USC v. LSU and OSU v. UGA in the semis. LSU and UGA play in the championship. UGA wins b/c Les Miles is retarded.

Regardless of what you think would happen, wouldn't this be fucking awesome?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evan, I think this article was supposed to go on sectalkonline.com opposed to your unbiased blog.

Regards,
Mike Tranghese

Anonymous said...

Georgia is awful. Tennessee is garbage. Other than LSU, the SEC sucks this year. WVU would run over all of those teams. Not even close. I'd take Pat White over Tebow in a heartbeat.

Anonymous said...

"Georgia is awful. Tennessee is garbage. Other than LSU, the SEC sucks this year. WVU would run over all of those teams. Not even close. I'd take Pat White over Tebow in a heartbeat."

You sir, are crazy. Everything you say above is crazy. Are you Howie Lindsay? Because he still thinks that Gary Barnage is better than Jake Tamme (crazy again) and that UK was the 5th best team on ULs schedule (the craziest damn thing I've ever heard).

Tdubs

Anonymous said...

UK wasn't the 5th best team on UofL's schedule. They were the 6th best. I'd put WVU, UConn, USF, Cincinnati, and either Rutgers/Utah ahead of Kentucky. UK had a fluke win against LSU, but they finally proved how pathetic they were in the end.

Unknown said...

that anonymous guy is a douche

Unknown said...

well i didn't realize everybody was named "anonymous" until after i posted. "georgia is awful and tennessee is garbage, WVU would run all over those teams." WVU sure looked good the other night. favored by 4 touchdowns and score 9 points. garbage.