Thursday, November 8, 2007

KRAGTHORPE HAS COMPANY

That's the text I received at 11:13PM BEFORE having seen the UK game. I saw it this morning and thought nothing of it until I was taking my doggie to go potty (he pees now). Just as the brisk winter cold hit my face, the stark realization of UK's demise flooded my head. Just as LJ squatted for his steamer, I let out an audible "oh fuck." It was a pretty terrible feeling. We didn't get beat by Gardner-Webb--we got fucking smoked. I don't think I've ever been so stunned by a loss since the NC in '97 (I had no doubt that we would win that game). Needless to say I haven't watched SportsCenter and I immediately deleted the DVR recording; thus, to me, it never happened. Why did our games in NY get cancelled? OK, working already.

The real tragedy with all this is that I was primed to write an entire piece on why UL was going to beat WVU, but I just don't have the heart. I truly belive that WVU defense is total shit and if, in some way, the Cards can hold the Mountaineers to less than 40 they can outscore them. No one respects UL anymore, so they can surprise some teams. Look for a good game, I hope they lose by 50.

If you haven't heard the Nickelback song yet, consider yourself lucky. Despite my tireless picketing, this song has not been removed from radio playlists. I'll have the quesadilla, on the house. That is an actual FUCKING lyric in that song.

When I sat down to blog this morning, I needed inspiration after the game of yester-night. Luckily, we have YouTube. Please, anyone and everyone, search Mark Knopfler & Eric Clapton. It will change your life.

I hate to sound like a music snob, but last night at work (we often have CD's blaring in the kitchen...even Snoop Dogg and shit) some skank put in a Dire Straits mix. I hadn't heard Romeo and Juliet in some time, and it solidified its place as my favorite song EVER.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BMjrp6qm-iI

If you dislike this song, you are a Communist. Even if you don't like it, you have to enjoy the fucking righteous 80's gear. As the The Clarks told me Sophomore year of college, I was born too late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

last years team would outscore this west vagina (oh he didn't.) But the offensive juggernaut that is Charlie Stubbs won't let it happen. Cards lose by 30

Grayson Flittner