Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hi, My Name is David...



How many times is this guy going to get hurt? He is the Rafael Little of UL basketball. In all seriousness, I wish he would put more arc on his free throws. It bothers me.

Tough blow for the Cards. I guess now we can understand why they won't win a national championship this year. Any game they lose will be a direct result of the Padgett injury--that's how Pitino will spin it at least. Pitino lies so much that it is almost admirable. It wouldn't be, however, if the UL fanbase didn't take everything he says as absolute truth. He treats the fans and media like a group of drunk chicks. He says a bunch of crazy shit, which they believe, but when they wake up in the morning they think 'that guy is the next Mashburn?' (Seriously, Palacios hasn't been the same since the Rondo eye-rake) Point is, Pitino's optimism is fine and I understand that he is motivating his players and instilling confidence, but it's just annoying how he overreacts with any injury to a player and he builds up opposing teams to be much better than they are. He's a Spin Doctor--without the terrible songs.

Another note on UK and their defense. They are getting a lot of credit as the offense is taking much of the blame, but I don't see why teams ever throw the ball downfield against us. If they ran slants and screens on third down and runs every other play, we wouldn't stop anyone. LSU lost because Flynn kept trying to throw down the field and he is an awful passer. Richt was smart enough to give the ball to his backs and throw at least one short completion (that I remember). Stafford sucks and Richt knew that his passes would get picked; thus, he stopped throwing them. If only we could've put them in a deeper hole we may have forced Stafford to pass; that could've resulted in a blowout.

I realize I may be over-simplifying things here, but have you seen this defense stop a screen or a slant? I know slants are tough, but Vandy scored twice on them (wide open) and UGA converted a key third down. We are very confused by people standing on the outside of the field and running to the middle...we can't stop it. Beyond that, we have major trouble guarding backs and tight ends. Ainge is better than Stafford (I guess), but I suspect UT will try to power over us and use safe passing plays to move the ball effectively. I hope we can adjust accordingly, because we have not shown that we can stop those plays.

Bass college bball preview...catch the fever.

No comments: