Friday, July 20, 2007

Booooooooooooooo...

...Weekley!!!!!!!!!! He's doing pretty well, but as any Jim Rome fan knows, hard winds will make his "butthole pucker up." I really hope he wins just because he's such a redneck and all those British tools who babble about the "integrity of the game" will be so pissed. I mean, he fought a gorilla. I guess as long as Sergio doesn't win I don't care. That douche is a juicer... http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/07/11/dodger-minor-leaguer-sergio-garcia-suspended-100-games/

Jacque Jones is terrific. Not at baseball, just in general. He has to be the happiest guy in Major League baseball--and he rarely plays. Any other player of his caliber would have bitched so much about his playing time that they would have already been gone. Not Jacque. He simply goes about his business of waiting for people to get hurt, then he comes in and rakes. I want him to start every day in center. Let Pagan and Floyd and whoever else platoon out there in right. Jacque won't let us down. Sure he may throw the ball directly into the ground at times, which is completely inexplicable, but he will hustle and play with a humongous smile every day. As chumpy as it sounds, it's refreshing in the wake of Michael Vick murdering dogs and Gary Sheffield being a total racist psychopath to see someone like Jacque play. There are still good people in pro sports--now learn how to swing, Jacque.

Along those same lines, as much as I love the kid, it's time for DeRosa to start everyday at second and for FonteNOT to sit. He can stay up; just not batting THIRD.

How many episodes of Becker are there? It is on WGN five nights a week! If I had to guess, I'd say fifteen. Also, The Greg Behrendt Show? That guy is the biggest pussy in the world. You kind of get the feeling that these chuckers--Ted Danson and Greg Behrendt--are paying WGN to put them on TV. How can the same network have my favorite baseball team's award-winning coverage and these shows. Don't even get me started on the movies. I haven't heard of any of them ever. WGN is a glorified public access channel with awesome baseball coverage. Begging the question, why aren't the Cubs on every day? More people have to watch baseball at 2 in the afternoon than the shit they show. How mad to you get when you bust it to get home by two and turn on WGN and fucking Moesha or some shit is on? It makes me wanna go Mike Vick on some dogs or someting. I hope that phrase catches on...

As a quick aside, Jacque just got the Cubs first hit, singling in Fontenot. Sweet justice.

No comments: