Friday, January 30, 2009

We're Going to Play a Game

It's a mean game, that I shouldn't be playing. I'm going to provide a few grafs of text from a newspaper column, and you get to guess who wrote it. Sound fun?! Here goes:

From Tampa, Fla. -- The fairy tale is that, if he wins Sunday, the Arizona Cardinals quarterback has promised to buy his family a puppy.

The reality show is that the Pittsburgh Steelers are going to whip the dog out of him.

OK, I quit, it's your boy Bill P. from Louisville, now in L.A. As an aside, the first time I read this, I thought it said, "whip the dong out of him," which would've been way cooler. Anyway, it goes on:

The fairy tale is that, while dining with his family every Friday night before home games, the Arizona Cardinals quarterback picks up a stranger's bill.

The reality show is that the Pittsburgh Steelers are going to cash him out.

The fairy tale is that, for the second time in a bungee-jump of a career, Kurt Warner will finish work Sunday as the sweetest of Super Bowl heroes.

The reality show is that the Pittsburgh Steelers will make him melt in their mouthpieces.

I didn't read the rest of the story (Paul Harvey would be pissed), but I can only assume it was as overwritten as this. A fairy tale and a reality show? I'll say it again: this guy wins awards. A lot of them.

No comments: