Thursday, January 15, 2009

Remember Me?

So, I haven't been around these parts for awhile, but I check in from time to time on my good friends. Normally, I am disappointed with inactivity. Tonight, I was glad I did so.

This has nothing to do with anything, but Lil Mama just started crying on America's Best Dance Crew. I am not sure what is lower, that moment in television history or that moment in my life where I am watching America's Best Dance Crew.

Anyway, back to my point, Parmesean's article about Plaschke's article was great stuff. I laughed out loud a lot. I believe USC could have beaten anyone in the country at the end of the year, and that it would be nice to see Utah try, but until we have a playoff they dont get a chance, so these columns are almost as pointless and annoying as college football bowl games themselves.

Other thoughts from the Sunshine State while I have you here:
- I grew up an Indiana fan, so it surprised me the other day when I told Parmesean that I had never seen anything like the Jodie Meeks' performance in a college basketball game, and after trying hard to think of one better I stand by that claim. (Although one of my school's women's players just had 34 and 20 the other day, and that was awesome)
- Florida football fans rival UK basketball fans in terms of annoyance in times of dominance.
- Tyler Hansbrough is extremely overrated.
- Wake Forest guard and Indiana native Jeff Teague is extremely underrated.
- Three reasons to start watching the NBA in case you do not:
1. Shaq is good again.
2. J.J. Redick gets to play basketball again for a great Orlando Magic team.
3. You never got to watch three of the best players to ever play the game - LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard - hit the floor when they were in college.

See you in six months (possibly on here but more likely at a wedding in Charleston)

3 comments:

Bick Rozich said...

The NBA is gay.

Gene Parmesan said...

Agreed. You're fired, HG.

Anonymous said...

I like the NBA. Bick and Gene are super homo for each other. Gay incest is gross.

Tdubs