Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our Offense

Yeah, we should start posting again. The rigors of KSR have pulled me away, but the lack of redneck commenting (Tommy notwithstanding) has brought me back! With that, who's up for an illogical discussion of our offense? Alright, let's keep this modicum of momentum going! (That applies both to this blog and UK basketball.)

First, Louisville...ha. Pitino should kick Edgar Sosa off the team for agreeing to enter the game. Of course, UL will be in the mix come June. However, this group of dunderheads will find a way to blow it.

As for UK, we run a middle school offense. Seriously. We have two big-time scorers, and we choose to throw that ridiculous lob pass every play. It works on occasion, but it is also very easily defended. I've seen Patterson seal his man--he can do it, I promise. Plus, I think he is much better scoring with his back to the basket anyway. He also has a great face-up game from like 18 feet and in. Lob passes are stupid; they're fine with Harrellson, but we look like a team that knows only one play. And I hate to be the person who says this, but that play is a rolled ankle waiting to happen. A spazzy little guard is going to slip into the post, and Patterson is going to land on his foot. Don't blame me...


I don't really understand the complete lack of an inside-outside game with Meeks and Patterson. I doubt that we will continue running this play as often as we did in Vegas. And I think it's a good piece to have in our offense; I just think we need other stuff too. Like, anything. I've never seen a team beat a formidable opponent without EVER initiating an offense. OK, we ran an offense late, but it was ugly.


Last thing, I've considered live-blogging the games again. I don't know if I will or not. However, we can use the high-fallutin' software that we use on KSR, so Train, Jed, Tommy, and whoever else can all contribute in real time. It would be like watching the game together, without having to smell one another. Plus, Tommy's constant positive panderings are probably much more tolerable in text.

3 comments:

Bick Rozich said...

Here's a positive pandering Tommy likes to use: "Our fans are so greedy thinking we can beat the likes of VMI! I knew we would suck!"

Anonymous said...

I'm becoming much more negative. For example: I think you both suck.

Let's live blog it. I will remind you that turnovers are just an opportunity to work on our defense.

Tdubs

Anonymous said...

As long as the Hilltopper blob isn't there I'm in. I love Lamar basketball

Train