Tuesday, December 2, 2008

In all fairness to Coach P

A lot of times, my buddies and I (Tommy) like to make fun of Ricky's ostentatiously bold claims about all thing Louisville (i.e. Marvin Stone will be a lottery pick, Palacios will be better than Mashburn). But, our boy Billy G will not be outdone.

Here's his quote about the new darling of Lexington, Deandre Liggins, after his game against West Vagina (sp?):

Gillispie said Liggins' game against WVU -- four points, three assists and two rebounds -- was the "best we have seen maybe in the two years that I have been here as far as a commander at the position."

I'm all about intangibles, but Ramel had at least one better game than that. Obviously, he's trying to pump up his prima donna frosh, but I always thought that this type of bravado was only necessary in the Derby City. Apparently, I was wrong.

3 comments:

Gene Parmesan said...

Thank God...another month represented!

Anonymous said...

I dunno about you, but I sometimes think that Gillispie is kind of just making it up as he goes along. As long as his apparent lack of any real plan results in wins, I love him. I reserve the right to hate as soon as Lamar scores.

Peter Peterson

Anonymous said...

I would kick him off my team, he would be terminated...unless he is 6'9", has an attitude problem, and doesn't ever obey me. In that case, I would cut him some slack. Ask me another question, oh god, somebody ask me a question. Nevermind, I'll answer questions you aren't asking on my website.

yours truly,
rickpitino.com