Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cheap post with other people's humor...

Recently, I got engaged. As you may imagine, one of the first phone calls I made was to my parents. Here is the conversation with Eddie that I had:

"Eddie, I'm engaged." (or something like that)

"Oh, hey, that's great. Ya know, I'm so happy...I've just been walking around smiling...now, wow, that's great, ya know.

.....

"Did...did, you see Edwards' catch last night?"

me: "What? Oh, Edmonds. Yeah, it was awesome."

Eddie: "Yeah, that had to be the play of the day!"

Apparently, aside of living a life longing for the return of George Michael's Sports Machine, Eddie is also quite concerned with Cubs baseball.

Also, I sent a text to everyone announcing the engagement, while relaying the above story. Here are some of the best responses:

"OH MY GOD. CONGRATS. evan HOLY SHIT. Flippin out." --Billy D.
"Congrats, I'm just glad you're marrying a girl." --Bryce
"Where did she propose?" --Barr
"Joint wedding with Jed?" --Charles
"Way to copy Jed." --Coy
to Steph: "Congrats. Unless Evan is marrying another Stephanie, in which case, I'm sorry." --Coy
"First line of business to make it official, it has to go on fbook!" --Logan
"Did you catch the New Orleans game last night!...If I don't get an invite, I'll chop off you pee pee. I can't wait to crash it." --Havelda
"OMG! I'm so happy! The Cubs are on tonight." --Sean
"It WAS a good game." --Worm
"Great news, Kige. Can I come to the wedding?" --Conley
"I knew you could do it!" --Stu
"Did you know that the Cubs game was the longest played by a river that's a state river that starts in one state, goes in another, and has obtuse angles? That's probably what Eddie was talking about." --Strobel*
"I can't believe she said yes." --Walmsley
"Did the Cubs win?" --Casey
"You aren't getting married in Indiana, are you? That state sucks." --Veigl
"I can't believe she said yes." --John
"That's was a good game. Tell Eddie I saw it." --Benningfield

*Strobel's text back story: One time, Eddie and Strobel went on a beer run to Nicholasville. As they crossed the KY River, Eddie told Strobel that the KY River is the only river, named after a state, that enters another state and comes back to its original state. Eddie stands by this factoid.

No comments: