Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tone-Setter

Last night, I had a dream. It wasn't about racial harmony or anything, no. It was much more important. You know when you have awesome dreams and then you wake up, know the dream was awesome, but have absolutely zero recollection of what happened? It happens to me all the time. Anyway, last night I had an awesome dream, and I remember it. Well, most of it.

I was in the bleachers at Wrigley taking in game 1. Weird shit was happening everywhere, because it was a dream. But, I remember the first inning fairly clearly. We got our 3 outs (or whatever), and the Cubs came to bat. Soriano stepped up, the crowd was electric, and he went yard. The ball never landed and I woke up, but the place went nuts and the Dodgers were dejected.

So, why do I tell you this? Because I'm lonely and have no friends; why else would I have a blog? But also because it was a premonition. If Soriano goes yard to lead off the bottom of the first, I will shit my pants and the Cubs will drag the shitty Dodgers. If he doesn't, I'll continue delivering pizzas to fat asses because I'm working tonight. Mother fucker.

No comments: