Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A One Act Play: Starring Uncle Remus

So, when I arrived in Providence, Rhode Island Thursday night, T Dubs had already dipped HEAVILY into the spirits. In my attempt to play catch-up, I returned to LJ's place (if you don't know LJ, he is righteous) to watch sports with the guys and drink a couple bourbons. The conversation that occurred next is nearly verbatim, leaving Luc and me in near disbelief at the level of insanity that Uncle Remus had reached. This is a biographical work.

Uncle Remus into the Cough Syrup: A One-Act Play

Setting: LJ, T-dubs, and myself watching baseball highlights on ESPN while the bottom line is in full effect

Tommy:
Dude, that pitcher for the Dodgers must be pretty good.

Jed:
Which one?

Tommy: That guy named Lead.

Jed: You mean Wade. There's a middle reliever they have named Cory Wade.

Tommy: No, "Lead." I just saw him on the bottom line. Apparently, he's 2-0 for the series.

(Awkward pause. Luc and I look at one another, bewildered, once we realize Tommy isn't joking.)

LJ:
That means the Dodgers lead the series 2 games to none. Seriously?

Tommy: Oh, OK, I got it now!

(Tommy proceeds to pass out and dump his beer on his lap and the couch and floor.)

Curtain

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked it all until the whole passing out, beer in the lap thing. Can we get a re-write there?

tdubs

Gene Parmesan said...

More importantly, "Luc" spells his name like a Frenchie!

Gene Parmesan said...

Or an African, in the case of Luc Richard Mbah a Moute.

Bick Rozich said...

Yeah, don't tell Luc that...he's a little sensitive.